We are looking forward to welcoming you this fall.
The health and safety of our community and the community around us is our top priority as we look forward to a gradual and safe return to in-person activities for Fall 2021. As part of our commitment to your health and safety, York University will require students living in residence for 2021/2022 to be vaccinated.
我们居住的社区及周边社区的健康和安全是约克的首要任务，因为我们期盼在2021 秋季逐步安全地恢复线下面授。作为对您健康和安全承诺的一部分，约克大学将要求 2021/2022 住校的学生接种疫苗。
This requirement is supported by Toronto Public Health, as it is recognized that vaccines are a safe and effective way to protect those who come into contact with others, especially in congregate living settings such as on-campus residences. Public health experts have established that vaccines are a safe and effective way to protect individuals and those around them from serious illness due to COVID-19.
More detailed information about this vaccine requirement is available in frequently asked questions on the Better Together site.
Requirement for Vaccination
• All students moving into the residence buildings will be required to be vaccinated.
• Students should have their first shot prior to their move-in date, with York strongly recommending they receive it at least 14 days before moving in and, wherever possible, arrive fully vaccinated where two doses are required.
• 学生须在入住日期前接种第一针疫苗，约克强烈建议至少在入住前 14 天接种，并尽可能完成两剂疫苗的接种。
• Those who are unable to get vaccinated before moving in will have two weeks following their move-in date to receive their first dose, with the university helping to facilitate access to vaccines, subject to supply.
• Students who are not vaccinated may be subject to additional public health restrictions.
• Students in Ontario, including international students living in Ontario, looking to book a vaccination appointment can visit the Ontario vaccine booking website.
• 安大略省的学生，包括居住在安大略省的国际学生，如希望预约接种疫苗，可以访问安大略省疫苗预约网站：https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/ 。
• For students arriving from any other Canadian province or territory, please refer to your local or provincial/territorial booking site.
• Any student in residence who cannot be vaccinated on medical or other grounds recognized by the Ontario Human Rights Code may request an exemption. Details about how to request an exemption will be available in the next few weeks.
• 任何被安大略省人权法Ontario Human Rights Code认可的因身体或其它原因不能接种疫苗的住校学生可以申请豁免。关于如何申请豁免的信息将在未来几周内公布。
• The University will facilitate access to vaccines for students who require first and second doses.
• International students are eligible for free COVID vaccines from the Province of Ontario.
Toronto Public Health confirms that: "Vaccination is one of several public health measures that greatly impact the reduction in the community spread of COVID-19 and will continue moving us forward towards the common goal of ending this pandemic. This includes planning for the in-person return of students to post-secondary institutions for the 2021 school year and supporting efforts including policy options that achieve the highest vaccination rates, particularly amongst those living in congregate settings such as on-site or local residences."
Quarantine requirements for students coming to or returning to campus from outside Canada
Students arriving from outside of Canada will be required to meet federal and provincial government quarantine requirements before moving into residence. This applies to all travellers to Canada regardless of the country of origin or vaccination status. The University will facilitate access to vaccines for students arriving in Canada if they were unable to do so before arrival in Canada. More details to come in the next few weeks.
从加拿大境外抵达的学生在入住前必须满足联邦和省政府的隔离要求。 这适用于所有前往加拿大的旅行者，无论原籍国或疫苗接种状况如何。如果学生在抵达加拿大之前无法接种疫苗，约克将为抵达加拿大的学生提供接种疫苗的服务。更多细节将在接下来的几周内公布。For details, please read the information for international students travelling to Canada and quarantine.详情请阅读国际学生前往加拿大和隔离的信息：https://www.yorku.ca/bettertogether/2020/10/21/important-information-from-york-university-travel-to-canada-plans-for-international-students/。Verification of Vaccination StatusStudents wanting to live on campus in residences will be required to submit documentation to confirm vaccination status prior to reserving a space. All information related to proof of vaccination will be treated as confidential. York is committed to the protection of privacy and is required to comply with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Details will be provided in the next few weeks. In the meantime,please be sure to keep all emails, receipts or records you receive confirming that you have been vaccinated.希望住校的学生将需要在预订宿舍之前提交文件以确认疫苗接种状态。所有与疫苗接种证明相关的信息都将被保密。约克承诺对隐私的保护，并遵守信息自由和隐私保护法案 (FIPPA)。详细信息将在接下来的几周内提供。同时，请务必保留收到的关于确认疫苗接种的所有电子邮件、收据或记录。